For more information about careers go to Careers - American Chemistry Society
1) Product Manager
My client has remained at the center of scientific discovery for more than 50 years, manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets. The Company is renowned worldwide among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for its commitment to quality and customer service. Founded in 1952, they are headquartered in Hercules, California, and serve more than 85,000 research and industry customers worldwide through its global network of operations.
They are looking for a motivated person to become part of a fast-paced team here at the Digital Biology Center, where they're changing the world by pushing the boundaries of research with Droplet Digital PCR.
Product development experience in the molecular biology/genomics field is a must-have, as this role will drive new product development for Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) platforms and analysis tools. They are seeking someone with strong genomics marketplace knowledge and a demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up with new technologies for the market– from cancer research and genome editing to virology and gene expression.
They need someone passionate and unwavering in their representation as the voice of customer on all products and projects – a product champion who knows when and how to go to the mat for the needs of the customer, and when to yield in favor of an alternate path.
The life sciences market is moving quickly and there are both internal and external forces that drive aggressive timelines and high expectations to deliver products to customers of the utmost quality. We are looking for a product manager that can manage through challenges that arise in product development – timelines, technical risks, vendors – with professionalism and a positive attitude.
The person filling this role will have the opportunity to drive both new product development and outbound marketing initiatives for a high-growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items. In new product development, this includes translating voice of customer into product development strategies and actionable requirements to bring new products to market. For outbound marketing, it means assisting in the creation of strategic global marketing plans including forecasting, market research, product portfolio management, sales training, product positioning, competitive analysis, and differentiation through applications.
· BS/BA in Life Science required (MS or PhD highly desired)
· Strong understanding/experience of PCR and qPCR, and related genomics technologies; digital PCR and NGS experience are favorable
· 3-5 years of product development and marketing in the life sciences (platform development experience desired)
· Up-to-date laboratory skills and vernacular; an ability to work with researchers (internal and external)
· Hands-on use of complex genomics analysis tools and methods
· Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
· Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills
· Requires demonstrated planning/organizational skills
· Executes sound judgment, analyzes issues, thinks strategically, creatively, and uses innovative ideas
· Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, decision-making, conflict management, change management and negotiating skills
· Exceptional public speaking skills needed to represent corporation at external meetings, conferences and organizations
· Able to present high level information for multiple audiences
· Experience organizing and communicating technical information and training materials that meet customer and sales needs
· Experience defining, establishing and managing collaborations with researchers
· The candidate will travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally
· Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (SAP experience is a plus)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2) Senior Development Engineer – Ceramic Dielectric (Spartanburg Area, South Carolina)
Another new client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of capacitors, seeking a Development Engineer
This engineer will lead material and process development in the area of ceramic dielectrics for ceramic capacitor products. The candidate should have knowledge and experience with ceramic dielectric formulations, and milling and dispersion of fine ceramic powders. The candidate will be familiar with processing of ceramic powders, dispersants, mixing and milling of micron and sub-micron size powders, formulating multi-component compositions, ceramic thick films and coatings, and electronic properties of ceramics. The candidate will be expected to quickly learn the key aspects of the Company manufacturing technology and process. This person will play a critical role in developing new products using leading edge technologies and will execute experimental work with a minimum of supervision.
A strong technical background and experience are required in Ceramic Science and Engineering, processing with ceramic powders and/or coatings, Design of Experiments, and problem solving. Good communication skills both verbal and written are essential. Experience with material characterization techniques, and electrical property measurements would be preferred, especially with respect to MLCC or other electronic components. Experience of successful product development in the field of electronic components is beneficial.
B.S. in Engineering (Materials, Ceramic or Chemical) at minimum; M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science is strongly preferred. Minimum 5 years of applicable experience.
Years of experience:
5 or more
Proficiency in using Windows PC and Microsoft Office suite, in particular: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft-Project and statistical analysis software such as MiniTab
Manager, Laboratory Services 5+ years laboratory experience Sr. Analytical Chemist
The Senior Analytical Chemist performs analytical chemistry research and/or development
in collaboration with others to develop assays based on new and existing methodologies.
Works independently and within problem-solving teams of colleagues whose members are
trained in diverse fields such as Physics, Molecular Biology, Physical Chemistry and
If interested contact:
Nancy Cody, Wirth & Associates
We do not charge to post open positions applicable to our membership. Please send your posting (up to 2 short paragraphs, job title/location, and contact information) via the ACS Colorado Section contact page. The posting will be reviewed for applicability and content. If it is approved, the posting will be made and will be visible for 30 days. If there are issues with the posting the person submitting will be contacted so the issue can be resolved.
Help your fellow members by letting them know of open positions. All that is required is the date you became aware of the position,job title/location, and contact information (who the candidate should contact if interested.) While we do ask you to submit under your name via the ACS Colorado Section contact page, your own contact information shall not be posted. Rather the posting shall be introduced as "from one of our ACS members." The job posting will be visible for 30 days.