Position Title: Instructor, Chemistry
Position Classification: Instructor, Part-Time
Part-time instructors provide instructional duties for the college in their respective areas of expertise. They report to the department chair within the discipline and do not have any supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include: instruction, student assessment, and other related instructional duties. Possible teaching locations include Littleton, Parker, and Castle Rock campuses and classes may be held days, evenings, and weekends. Instructional delivery may include face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
The instructor must be patient, and respectful, while also providing their expectations for what is considered acceptable work. The instructor must display dedication to the class as well as the goals of the program.
- Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related subfield OR Master's degree plus 18 graduate credit hours in Chemistry or related subfield.
- No minimum experience required; prior teaching experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-management: sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve, and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Interpersonal skills: shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern; develops and maintains professional relationships; may deal with people who are difficult, hostile, and/or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and situations, and is sensitive to individual differences.
- Diversity: is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce.
- Conflict management: manages and resolves conflicts, grievances, disagreements in a constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact.
- Integrity/honesty: contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct; understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others, and is trustworthy.
- Organizational awareness: knows the organization’s mission and function and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively with them including the program, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the organization.
- Teaching others: helps others learn through formal and/or informal methods; identifies training needs; provides constructive feedback; coaches others on how to perform tasks; and acts as a mentor.
- Computer skill proficiency; particularly in M/S Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment: Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
Physical Demands: Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs. May need to stoop, reach, handle, have manual dexterity and the ability to talk and hear. Mental function demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (if applicable), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To apply, scroll down and click "New Resume/CV."
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Williams, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.